Hyde Park Santa Parade Rules
NO SANTAS – we cannot say enough there can only be one Santa and he is at the end of the parade!
- ALL vehicles/entries must be included in your registration, what is included on your registration are the only vehicles we will permit in the marshalling area on Parade day. This includes bicycles/motorized children’s vehicles etc.
- ALL participants must have their own insurance coverage
- There will be no re-entry. All entries MUST be decorated or all decorations are to be kept with the float. Your entry must be decorated in the theme of the parade and not to be used solely for advertising. Entries who arrive as plain company vehicles without any type of decor (which includes people dressed up, holiday music, decorations etc.) will not not be allowed entry.
- ALL vehicles must arrive at their designated arrival time to be placed in their designated spot.
- ALL vehicles need to be in good mechanical condition –it is the participant’s responsibility to safely remove the vehicle, should it break down.
- ALL young children must be accompanied by an adult throughout the entire parade including the marshalling area and parade end.
- The parade committee does provide limited transportation back to Sherwood Forest Mall at the end of the Parade. Return transportation to the mall needs to be arranged prior to the parade day. Please insure your participants are informed of this.
- Animals are permitted (must be included information on registration) IMMEDIATE clean up along the route is expected by registrant.
- Absolutely NO smoking, alcohol, illegal substances or any type improper behaviour. The parade committee reserves the right to remove any participant/group from the parade we deem are not acting in accordance with the “spirit of the parade”.
- Cell phones are not to be used while driving in the parade.
- The Parade Committee hires a photographer and does post pictures of the floats and participants – please make your entire group aware and be sure to let us know if you have someone who cannot be photographed on social media.
- ALL participants must register and accept these PARADE RULES – if you arrive up on parade day and have not filled out and registered you will NOT be allowed to participate in the parade.